Domestic Violence

If you are the victim of domestic violence an application can be made to the Magistrates Court to restrain the other person.

If you do not agree that an order against you is necessary you may need help to oppose it.

Domestic Violence Orders can be varied or revoked by way of application to the Magistrates Court.

Peace and Good Behaviour orders are available to any person who is concerned that they or their property is under threat of violence or damage.

Such orders are available where there are disputes between neighbours or other person’s with whom the aggrieved party is not related to. We can assist with the following.

  • How to apply for an order.
  • How to oppose an order.
  • How to vary or revoke an order.
  • Responding to a breach charge by police.